By David Christopher M.H.
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) at first was not recognized as a real medical condition. Patients were told that the constant fatigue they were feeling was all in their head and were often prescribed anti-depressants. Today CFS is recognized as a medical condition and in most cases the cause is still unknown. Even though there is no evidence of pain, pain medication can/is prescribed and of course anti-depressants are also prescribed.
CFS has these main symptoms:
- Extreme exhaustion - lasting more than 24 hours after physical/mental exercise
- Pain - without swelling that changes locations
- Foggy brain, loss of memory and or concentration
- Non-productive sleep
- Flu like symptoms
If these symptoms persist and if you are taking medications, first check the side panels or information inserts of the medication taken to see if the symptoms you are experiencing are known side effects of the drug. Obviously if the drug is causing your symptoms find a way to get off the culprit.
Other possible causes:
- Anemia: can be relieved by taking Dr. Christopher’s Jurassic Green formula and eating apricots.
- Low blood sugar: can be helped with Dr. Christopher’s Pancreas formula and mucusless diet.
- Viral infection: can be handled with Dr. Christopher’s Super Garlic Immune syrup.
- Endocrine glands disorder: see Dr. Christopher’s Master Gland Formula, Thyroid formulas, Adrenal formula and Hormonal Changease formula.
- Low blood pressure: can be resolved using the Dr. Christopher’s Circulation formula and Adrenal formula with extra Licorice root. Possibly 90% of people suffering from CFS have low blood pressure. If you cannot get oxygen and nutrients to the cells you will be fatigued.
I know a lot of people will be upset that I am proposing such a simple routine for a condition that is described as being incurable, but life is simple and the cure to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is simple and is as follows: Cleanse with the Dr. Christopher four basic cleansing formulas, adhere to the recommended mucusless diet, take Dr. Christopher’s Adrenal formula as directed on the bottle with two extra licorice root capsules per dose, and include the Dr. Christopher’s Circulation formula.
by Mishelle Knuteson M.H., RET
Dr. Christopher taught that there is one cause of disease ~ Constipation. This doesn’t mean only constipation of the bowels, it is a more general constipation (blockage) in any of the systems of the body. One system of the body that is often overlooked is your energy system which runs through the body’s meridians - the pathways that carry energy into, through and out of your body.
The primary meridians travel through the internal organs of the body. These meridian pathways begin and end in acupuncture or reflex points on the body, many of which are found in the hands and feet. These points, sometimes called “hot spots” when they are tender, can be stimulated with a needle (acupuncture) or physical pressure (reflexology) to release or redistribute the energy. Good health is facilitated by energy (Qi or Chi) flowing freely through the meridians in the body; blockages in this system create pain, illness and disease.
Blockages to energy flow can occur in 4 ways:
1. Physical - When you injure yourself in some way.
2. Emotional - When you experience a high amount of stress, fear, anxiety or worry over a sustained period of time, emotional blockages are created.
3. Mental - This is caused by thinking too much. Too much thinking is when your mind never shuts down. There is always mental chatter going on in your head.
4. Spiritual - This is when your human spirit is crushed. Depression is often the symptom. You are found devoid of faith and hope.
Events can happen in our lives that will effect us in many different ways and effect more than one aspect listed above. To facilitate good health on all levels the energy system must not be ignored.
To keep energy (Chi) flowing, remember your self-care. Getting a regular massage will help to keep meridians open. Knowing how the meridians run through the body and where the ending reflex points are, allows you the opportunity to hold or tap the point to release blockages. You can also learn how to do self massage and stimulate these points on a daily basis, as well as how to trace and flush the congested meridians. Exercises that are good for energy flow are QiGong/Ti Chi and Yoga because you twist and stretch at specific places associated with each meridian.
For more information about meridians, where the reflex points are located on the body, and how to stimulate the “hot spots” and release blockages, you may want to enroll in the Reflexology course from the School of Natural Healing.
I often hear people say that they are doing everything “right” when treating an illness and are still not getting better. Part of the reason may be that they are not seeing the whole picture and neglecting to care for their energy system. “As the body’s ‘energy bloodstream’, the meridians bring vitality and balance, remove blockages, adjust metabolism, even determine the speed and form of cellular change. Their flow is as critical as the flow of blood; your life and health depend on both. If a meridian’s energy is obstructed or unregulated, the system it feeds is jeopardized” Donna Eden, Energy Medicine.