March 23rd, 2011Precautionary Measures for Possible Radiation Plume
By The School of Natural Healing
In answer to the many inquiries of what to do about the recent news and reports (New York Times) of a radiation plume reaching the west coast by Friday, here are some things to know and ways in which you can be prepared.
At this point the levels of radiation prospected to be in the plume that would actually fall on estimated California, Oregon, Washington, British Columbia, Alaska, etc. is very minimal and is not to pose a serious risk to health. However, “if” the situation in Japan worsens (ie. the Fukushima reactors have a rod “meltdown” - creating a massive release of radiation into the atmosphere) taking the following precautions/preparations would be our suggestion, especially for those living in the pacific and on the west coast.
1) Take the time to reevaluate your emergency plan and supplies as a family. Make sure your vehicles are not empty of fuel in case you need to evacuate and do not count on phones working in case of actual emergency.
2) If suggestion is and you plan to, stay put and to stay within your home for an allotment of time make sure you have plastic and duct tape to seal your windows and doors as well as the supplies needed in the case of a usual emergency: water, food, etc.
3) If you plan to evacuate, have at least a 72-hour kit ready to go at a moment’s notice. This is good to have no matter what you plans are.
4) Staring now, significantly increase your intake of naturally sourced iodine-containing foods and superfoods: (*estimated amounts of naturally occurring iodine). We want to make it clear that any consumption of kelp from clean waters is a great source of naturally-occurring iodine for the body and will be an asset in building stores for the blood if needed. The list of food sources given below with estimated measurements in parts per million (ppm) of iodine is purely for your information - not dosage recommendation of one type of kelp over another.
Icelandic Kelp - *8000ppm Kelp, Dulse, etc. (Seaweeds) - *5400ppm Chlorella - *100ppm Spirulina - *70ppm Pistachios - *51ppm Dark Greens in all their variety Colorful vegetables & fresh fruits Onions & Garlic
Once you have a source of kelp, the recommended dosage amount for building blood stores of iodine (if needed for exposure to radiation) would be 8-12 capsules a day. Make note: this amount varies according to size and health of each individual.5) The purpose of increasing your intake of iodine-containing foods is to raise the amount of stable iodine in the blood. This will increase the likelihood that the thyroid will absorb the stable iodine instead of the radioactive iodine (iodine-129 and iodine-131) released during a nuclear accident.
6) During the intake of iodine (kelp), further precautionary measures would be to take the four Dr. Christopher’s Cleansing Formulas to keep things cleaned out (Lower Bowel Formula, Kidney Formula, Liver & Gall Bladder Formula, and the Blood Stream Formula) and then to add the Heavy Mineral Bugleweed Formula for additional cleansing. The details for the Extended Herbal Cleanse (ie. Dr. Christopher’s four cleansing formulas) can be found here at our public reference library, Herballegacy.com. Also within our same library, are the details for the Bugleweed formula here.
Our prayers continue to go to those in Japan and all those working to control at present this devastating disaster.